Rivière-du-Loup provides entrepreneurs with the option of locating in a vast industrial park of more than a million square metres. Rivière-du-Loup’s industrial park is the perfect venue for entrepreneurs seeking to start or grow a business.
Benefits of the industrial park
Located in a key sector near freeways, Rivière-du-Loup’s industrial park is home to 61 companies where more than 1,800 employees go to work each day. Major players in the local economy are located here, including the Viandes du Breton slaughterhouse and processing plant, as well as the Lepage Millwork door and window factory.
Developed in three phases, this vast business park now covers more than a million square metres. Some 90 percent of its lots are now occupied. About 100,000 square metres remain available in some 10 new lots, blank canvases awaiting investors seeking a stimulating community in a captivating setting with solid support.
The City of Rivière-du-Loup is the owner of the lots in the industrial park.
75 km from the United States border in the State of Maine
110 km from Rimouski
120 km from Edmundston, New Brunswick
210 km from Québec City
430 km from Montréal
A direct access road links the industrial park to Autoroute 85 and the Jean-Lesage Autoroute (20) via Highway 291.
A rail link is also located nearby.
The lie of the land poses few constraints, except for a few rocky outcrops. No hydrographic problems have been reported.
The soil type poses no construction constraints, and actually has excellent bearing capacity: 19,530 to 29,296 kg/m2 (4,000 to 6,000 lb/ft2).
550 volts, option of 750 kVA (kilovolt amperes)
Water and sewer
All companies are served by the city’s water, storm drain and sanitary sewer system.
Lots available in the industrial park
The new serviced lots are reserved for manufacturing companies and priced at the competitive rate of $5.95/m2.
This price excludes:
- Property taxes;
- Non-residential buildings tax (NRB);
- Water and sewer tax;
- Waste collection cost;
- Cost of runoff holding structures.
Note that no special or sector tax applies.
- Tax credit program for certain industrial or para-industrial companies promoting sustainable development
- Technical support and assistance provided by the city during land acquisition
- One to three-room furnished apartments available nearby, rented by the day, week or month, as affordable hotel accommodations
- High-speed Internet access (fibre optic installed)
Companies and economic sectors
Companies in the following sectors receive preference:
- Industrial production and primary processing;
- Manufacturing industries (secondary and tertiary processing companies
Corporate tax credit
The assistance program in the form of tax credits is under review.