- Portail citoyen
-
Services
Services aux citoyens
Business Services
Service en ligne
- Vous inscrire sur Mes loisirs en ligne
- Gestipattes
- Obtenir un permis
- Consulter votre dossier de bibliothèque
- Payer un constat d'infraction
- Regarder la séance du conseil en webdiffusion
- Consulter la carte interactive
- Payer votre facture de taxe
- Airport
- Registre des fournisseurs
- Consulter le rôle d'évaluation
- Enregistrer une requête
- Formuler une requête
-
Leasure
-
Town
Ville de Rivière-du-Loup
-
Rue Armand-Thériault
-
Rue Alice-Savard
-
Rue Euphémie-Chouinard
-
Lieux municipaux
Last modification : décembre 22, 2025Many municipal sites now bear the name of their builders indelibly etched into the city’s history.
Salle Magloire-Deschênes (city hall)
The boardroom upstairs in city hall is named in honour of Mr. Magloire Deschênes, secretary-treasurer of the municipality for more than 35 years, from 1876 to 1911, and deputy clerk of the Recorder’s Court from March 1911 to the end of 1912.
Salle Évariste-Talbot (city hall)
The boardroom in the basement of city hall is named in honour of Mr. Évariste Talbot, municipal clerk and treasurer starting in 1912 and clerk of the Recorder’s Court from 1919 until his death in 1921.
Salle Jean-Baptiste-Arthur-Chamberland (city hall)
The boardroom on the ground floor of city hall is named in memory of Mr. Jean-Baptiste-Arthur-Chamberland (1817-1895), notary and first secretary-treasurer of the village of Fraserville, which later became the city of Rivière-du-Loup, from September 9, 1850 to May 4, 1857.
Rosaire-Gendron Building
The municipal building at the corner of Saint-Elzéar and Lafontaine Street is named in memory of Rosaire Gendron (1920-1986), Mayor of Rivière-du-Loup from 1956 to 1968 and Member of Parliament for Rivière-du-Loup–Témiscouata from 1963 to 1984, for his contribution to municipal development and establishment of the Foyer-Patro, which became the Cité des jeunes.
Jean-Léon-Marquis Complex
The municipal building at the corner of Fraser and Joly streets is named in memory of Jean-Léon Marquis (1925-2007), Mayor of Rivière-du-Loup from 1983 to 1991, for his contribution to municipal development and his visionary role in restoring and repurposing the old Sœurs du Bon-Pasteur convent as a cultural centre in 1983.
Françoise-Bédard Library
The Françoise-Bédard library on Rocher Street was named in 1990 in memory of Françoise L’Écuyer-Bédard (1904-1988), founder of the first public library affiliated with the Union des alliances françaises du Québec, in 1954, transferred to the city in 1980 and moved in 1983 to the former Sœurs du Bon-Pasteur convent, in recognition of her outstanding contribution to the cultural development of Rivière-du-Loup.
Georgianna-Juneau Room (Maison de la culture)
The exhibition room on the second floor of the Maison de la culture is named in memory of Sister Saint-Paul-de-la-Croix (1873-1940), a devoted teacher of literature at the Bon-Pasteur convent from 1895 to 1901, who shared her passion with her students and members of Rivière-du-Loup’s literary circle, in part by starting a small newspaper, L’Alouette, which quickly gained a large following.
Corinne-Cartier Room (Maison de la culture)
The small room number 1 on the second floor of the Maison de la culture is named in memory of Sister Marie-Joseph (1883-1963), notable for her enthusiasm for teaching, culture and musical composition, as a teacher at the Bon-Pasteur convent in Rivière-du-Loup, in the years 1920-1927 and 1930.
Marie-Ange-Jolicœur Room (Maison de la culture)
The small room number 2 on the second floor of the Maison de la culture is named in memory of Sister Saint-Jean-Sauveur (1903-1973), notable for her great enthusiasm for vocal and instrumental music as well as the musical teaching she provided at the Bon-Pasteur convent from 1933 to 1935, 1940 to 1944 and 1950 to 1954.
Bon-Pasteur Room (Maison de la culture)
The performance hall on the third floor of the Maison de la culture is named in memory of the Sisters of Bon-Pasteur, who arrived in Fraserville in 1860 to teach, first in a small village school and later in the current structure built in 1886.
Application for commemoration or designation
To suggest a name to the toponymics committee, please fill out the form below and send it to the address indicated. In addition to honouring a person, event, group, organization or important achievement in the city’s history, your proposal must be consistent with the spirit of the place indicated and the existing themes in various neighbourhoods.
-
Demande de commémoration
All rights reserved ©2026